Saturday, January 21, 2017
Almond is actually a nut and Chinese Almond is an apricot kernel, its a seed. They smell so much different and yet they are such good marriage in many baking. I tried making jelly with the apricot kernel powder once but only a few interested in it. However, this is going to be a breakthrough cause I am going to try my baking with the apricot kernel powder. Hopefully, it going to be good. Please read on......
80gm shelled almond, chopped then toasted
150gm all purpose flour
100gm Chinese almond powder (Apricot kernel powder)
1-1/2 tspn baking powder
60gm icing sugar
150gm Crisco shortening
(1) combine flour, apricot kernel powder, baking powder and sugar into a big bowl and mixed well.
(2) stir in shortening till soft & sticky dough is formed and add in chopped toasted almond, knead till everything is well cooperated then keep refrigerated for 20 minutes or till set.
(3) now, shape chilled dough into bite size ball dough ( I used bottle cap for shaping, please refer here) then place them to baking tray lined with parchment paper.
(5) leave to cool completely before storage into air tight jars.
acau traditional almond cookies 澳门杏仁饼, I think you will surely loving these cookies. The best thing is ..... its eggless and its vegan ! Eat healthy and stay beautiful. Enjoy & have lots of fun, and happy weekend everyone !
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
140gm cold butter, diced
1 egg yolk
240gm all purpose flour
1/2 tspn vanilla essence
1 TB cold milk
1/2 tspn salt
*egg glazing ~ 1 egg yolk + 1 tspn milk
*some black sesame for decoration
*350gm pineapple paste (divide into 12gm each)
Or Taiwan pineapple paste
(1) mix cold butter and sugar with a folk till everything combined.
(2) now, add in egg yolk, milk & vanilla essence and beat till cooperated.
(3) stir in flour & salt till soft dough is form then knead by hand to put dough together, wrap with plastic sheet and keep chilled for 20 minutes.
(4) when ready, divide dough into 20gm each and wrap in pineapple paste. Roll dough into a ball and shape it with a mould press as preference.
(5) arrange all shaped dough into baking tray lined with parchment paper then keep chilled for 10 minutes, before going into the oven.
(6) once its ready, brush shaped dough with egg glazing then sprinkle some sesame seeds to the center. (I used leftover egg white and it works well too)
(8) when done, leave cool on tray for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool for storage.
Friday, January 13, 2017
Bake for Happy Kids has inspired me to make these cookies right away. I love how simple the mixed up ingredients. However, I have replaced the meat floss with vegetarian mushroom floss instead. And if you're interested to find out more, please read on.......
100gm butter, softened at room temperature
20gm icing sugar
60gm all purpose flour
1/4 tspn salt
1/8 tspn baking powder
1 TB sesame seeds, toasted
2 TB mushroom floss
* egg glazing : 1 egg yolk + 1 tspn milk
* some sesame seeds for topping
(1) combine flour, cornflour, salt & baking powder together and mix well.
(2) now, cream butter and icing sugar till smooth then fold in flour mixture to form sticky dough.
(3) finally, throw in the remaining ingredients and mix till everything well cooperated.
(4) next, wrap dough with plastic sheet and keep chilled for 30 minutes or till dough manageable to handle.
(5) when ready, place chilled dough to slightly floured working table and roll out flat about 1cm thickness. Then cut with round cookie cutter.
(6) transfer all shaped dough to baking tray lined with parchment paper, brush with egg glazing ( I used leftover egg white) and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
(8) leave to cool before storage to air tight jar.
Zoe for sharing such beautiful cookie recipe. I love it.